Collecting information about you
We collect different types of information about App users for four main reasons:
1. To personalise the content of the App for individual users.
2. To help us to monitor and improve the App.
3. To advertise on the App.
4. With user consent, to market services to individual users.
1. We do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of security technology. This means:
– we ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information
– we ensure that when we outsource any processes, the service provider has appropriate security measures
2. We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from our service and, if you choose, from carefully chosen third parties. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices, for example, tick boxes will let you decide whether you wish to receive marketing.
We may, however, email you occasionally with information or queries about the App, for example, to offer rewards to users.
3. We will collect and use individual user details only where we have legitimate business reasons and are legally entitled to do so.
4. We will be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use your information.
5. We will use personal data only for the purpose(s) for which they were originally collected and we will ensure personal data are securely disposed of.
6. Where we or our service providers transfer data out of the European Economic Area (EEA) this is only ever done with the relevant protections required by UK law being in place.
Legal information and how to contact us
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller for The App is Guardian News & Media Limited, King’s Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you, or have any queries regarding our service use of personal data please contact the data protection manager at the above address, or by email to email@example.com.